Tuesday, April 14, 2009

20090414 - News

I told you we sold the truck. Well, we did not last long as a 1 vehicle family. This week we bought a Golf Cart. It is not new but has been re-conditioned. We will use it to get around Quail Creek since we do not have to License it if we stay on campus. Over ½ of the things I do are in Quail Creek and the Golf Cart is electric so we should save on fuel. It is a little strange to drive - no seat belt, no sides, no speed, and no noise. You just sort of glide around. Here’s a photo of this newest member of the family.



I belong to the Out Of The Box Bee in my Quilt Guild. One of the Challenges we set ourselves was a “Crayon Challenge”. With this challenge everyone takes 2 crayons out of a paper bag. Then you design and execute a quilt using those 2 colors (and 1 other optional color). You may use various shades of the colors. It must be a quilt, that is quilted. You must use some technique you have not used before. We have been working on these for months, we keep delaying the due date. I must have had a dozen different designs. Well, today they were due, and last night (actually this morning) I finished mine. My colors were Red-Purple and Red-Orange. Colors that I actually like. I used a technique where you cut a design and use it as the background on one side and the foreground on the other. (Actually I cheated since the purple was not reversible. In addition I used Shiva paint sticks to paint the vase and to create the Geckos. The Geckos were a little too subtle with just the paint so I used sequins and beads to liven them up. Here it is.

No comments: