Saturday, January 02, 2010

20091231 - Year end

2009 was a very busy year for us.
We did a fair amount of traveling. We:
1. Went on an Exotic Mexican Cruise (Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, and Mazanillo)
the first part of February,
2. Visited Mazatlan in March-April,
3. Went on a Baltic Capitals Cruise (Copenhagen, Berlin, Tallinn, St
Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm) in May-June,
4. Visited family in Arroyo Grande in September,
5. Went on a Western Caribbean Cruise (Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize,
Isla Roatan) with neighbors in September-October,
6. Went on a RV Trip with neighbors to Moab in mid-October,
7. Visited family in the Northwest over Thanksgiving, and
8. Went again on the exotic Mexican Cruise (Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, and
Mazanillo)

I was invited to join the community Activity Committee but after attending several meetings decided it was not a good fit for me and declined. I was also invited to join the Communications Committee and have decided to join. They are working on setting up a series of web pages for the community. Every club and activity has one or more pages. I am currently working on the pages for the Wellness Committee, the Quilters and the Diabetes Forum. I have something out there for all of them but it is not very sophisticated so I am trying to learn a bit more about HTML and CSS so I can do a better job.

I am finishing a 2 year term as one of the Program Committee Co Chairs for Valley Quilters Guild and just beginning a the second year of a 2 year term as Lead Coordinator for the Quail Creek Quilt Covey. This year the Quilt Covey is putting together a request for a Long Arm Quilting Machine. One of the really nice benefits of the Guild job has been that the non-local lecturers have been staying in our Casita. It has been a real joy to get to know these women.

The year was sort of up and down as far as my health goes. In 2007 I joined Weight Watchers and did pretty well for a period of time. Last summer I completed a finess challenge but between the 2 I started having serious blood sugar lows which scared me. It is odd but during the low my mind is so fuzzy that I am not scared, but after when I imagine all the things that could have happened I get scared. Anyhoo, I started erring in favor of too high sugar, stopped exercising and stopped doing a good job of counting anything. So, as you can imagine my blood sugar is not good and my weight is creeping upwards again.

Rich is doing well although not biking as much as he wants to. And Max is still recovering from his ACL surgery. He seems to be OK but the muscle on his injured leg is still substantially smaller than the other.

Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

Sue said...

A very busy year indeed. You must have really liked the exotic Mexican cruise to go on it twice. I am thinking/dreaming about a possible midarm w/ frame combination - my unfinished quilt tops just keep piling up.