Monday, February 16, 2009

20090216 - Cruise Crafts

Most cruise lines have Craft Instructors who teach free 2 hour classes on ‘at Sea’ Days. These Instructors get free cruises to teach. As you can imagine many of these crafts are pretty ‘crafty’ (and I do not mean that in a good way). This cruise to Western Mexico was on the Carnival Line and since we had 4 ‘at Sea’ days we had 4 Craft Classes. Two of the crafts were pretty standard: Needlepoint on Plastic Canvas to make a Carnival Logo ID Card Carrier to wear around your neck, and Needlepoint on Plastic Canvas to make a Carnival Logo Square Scissor Carrier. I have not finished either of these. The other two were much more interesting to me. One was a Colorful Visor that we painted with glitter glue. Unfortunately you cannot see the glitter in the photo, but it is there. And the last one was Beaded Bracelets. I photographed the Bracelets before I had finished cutting the string so they are not quite finished in the shot. I thought both of these were casual and fun and I might actually use them. Actually I have already worn the Visors.

No comments: