Tuesday, June 30, 2009

200906 - Fitness Challenge

The Fitness Center here in Quail Creek issued a Summer Challenge to all the residents to use the aerobic equipment in the center and the pool to “walk” to Page, Arizona. If you logged enough mileage to get ½ way there, you will earn an achievement award. They selected a “scenic” route which worked out to be 528 map miles. They decided that 6 laps in the pool or 2 aerobic machine miles equal 1 map mile. The challenge began June 21 and ends September 21 and I accepted the challenge. The first week I logged a little more than 8 miles on the machines (16 map miles) which means I need to do a little better if I am going to earn the achievement award. They figure if you go 5 times a week at 2.03 equipment miles you will complete 264 mile trip in the 13 weeks. This week I am ahead of schedule but since we will be gone some portion of the time I need to get ahead of the curve. I will keep you posted as to my progress.

No comments: