Sunday, July 05, 2009

200907 - Fourth of July

Rich, Max, and I went to the 2nd Annual Quail Creek Fourth of July Parade. I think it id the first Fourth of July Parade I have ever been to as a adult. In the past they have been too crowded, to difficult to park, etc, etc. This one was less than 5 minutes from the house (by very slow Golf Cart), No parking problems, and as someone told me, My friends were there. It was, of course, little. But the RV Club (we just joined) won the Grand Prize for their entry. And I did know a lot of the people there. Here are some photos:


These guys apparently live underground for 10 months, come up with the monsoons, mate, have babies, kill dogs who lick them and go back underground.


Max will go anywhere with anyone in a golf cart.


Waiting for the Flag, and the National Anthem


These are some of the entries in the parade, not just golf carts. Top Right is the winning entry from the RV Club.


The monsoons have arrived. July 3rd evening we had a major rain. This is a photo taken in the early afternoon on the fourth of the normally dry wash across the street from us.

No comments: